Sponsored by Mayslake Ministries
About the Program
This intensive ten-month program provides men and women with the spiritual formation and necessary skills to answer God’s call to the ministry of Spiritual Direction, while earning a professional certificate in Spiritual Direction.
The program is staffed by a team of practicing Mayslake Ministries Spiritual Directors and affiliates who for decades, have companioned spiritual seekers on their journey to grow closer to God.
- 6 Formation Modules (6 weeks each)
- 2 Retreats
- Guided Independent Study
- Face to Face Formation & Skills Practice time
- Traditional & Contemporary Catholic resources
- Mastery of 15 Practice Skills
- 120+ hours of Skills Practice
- Affordable Payment Options
- Professional Certification in Spiritual Direction earned in 10 months
Module Topics & Schedule
- Sept. 29-30— Opening Retreat
- Module #1: Who is Jesus? What does it mean to be human? Oct. 1- Nov. 10
- Module #2: What would Jesus have me do? Discipleship in the Modern World Nov.12-Dec.22
- Christmas Break
- Module #3: Healthy Human Development Jan. 7-Feb. 16
- Module #4: Healthy Spiritual Development Feb.18-Mar. 30
- Module #5: The Function of Spiritual Direction: Discernment April 2- May 11
- Module #6: Living the Christian Life in the Modern World May14-June 22
- Oral Final Demonstrations June 25-29
- Sat. July 14, 2018 Final Retreat
Candidates are required to:
- Be in Spiritual Direction.
- Attend required overnight retreat
- Meet with cohort to practice skills on assigned Thursday evenings.
- Connect with module facilitators throughout sessions.
- Select a practice directee to journey with throughout the program.
- Complete all Module assignments by deadlines
- Schedule & complete a final oral skills demonstration the week of June 25-29, 2018
- Attend the final retreat & certification ceremony on July 14, 2018